Costa Rica: the days are hot and humid, but nighttime can get very cold. As we were flying Spirit Airlines, we had to fit it all in one carry-on each. Here’s the best of what to pack (and keep it to a minimum) for your trip to this beautiful country:
As always, it’s best if you can layer your clothes. As Costa Rica is very humid, quick drying clothes are best. Long sleeved clothes are good for staying away from mosquito bites and the sun, but can get too hot if they aren’t breathable. Anyway, here is the clothes list:
- Moisture wicking tank tops
- Long sleeve shirts
- Rain jacket
- Yoga pants (with pockets!)
- Hiking pants
- Hiking sandals
- Sneakers/boots (waterproof preferable)
- Moisture wicking socks
- Flip flops
- Bathing suit
- Hiking Daypack – we actually both own this daypack and LOVE it! So many pockets and it’s really cute!
- Microfiber Towel – we both own one of these too. Great for the beach, or after showering if towels aren’t available.
- Map of Costa Rica
- Car phone charger/Bluetooth transmitter – great if you lose radio broadcast, you can put your own music through the car and charge your phones
- Portable charger -always good to have
- Bug spray
- Sunscreen – you may need to buy more when you get there if you aren’t checking a bag. Always make you sure you get reef safe!
- Waterproof phone case – I brought one of these and used it to take a lot of fun pictures in the bright blue water! I recommend!
- Insulated water bottle – great for hikes or the beach. You will need as much water as you can get!
- Any other toiletries – deodorant, shampoo, toothpaste, etc…we often use a kit like this to make up our own bags and save money!
As always, if you have any other questions, you can contact us here.